Adrian Köring is a Phd candidate and researcher at the Otto-von-Guericke University in Magdeburg. He studied computer science with an emphasis on vision and robotics in Magdeburg and Bonn. During his studies he participated in the student team RobOTTO competing in the RoboCup. His Phd regards uncertainty estimation of computer vision systems for autonomous driving in adverse weather conditions.
- 2015 - 2019 BSc Computervisualistik at OvGU
- 2019 - 2023 MSc Computer Science (Uni Bonn)
- 2023 - Researcher at the CI Group at OvGU
- Adrian Köring and Christoph Steup
- PyramidEnsemble: Joining Large and Small Models
- Accepted at IEEE SSCI 2023, Symposium on Deep Learning, Mexico, December 2023
The RoboCup is an annual multi-competition combining different robotic challenges in the form of leagues. The RoboCup @Work league is focused on industrial processes as envisioned for Industry 4.0 scenarios like autonomous path planning and movement of mobile platforms, as well as object detection and manipulation. Additionally, the competition enforces the teams to handle risks and optimize their robots for speed.
The RoboCup @Work Team of the OvGU is called "robOTTO". The team exists since 2012, but switched from the RoboCup Logistics League to the RoboCup @Work League in 2015. Since then, the team competed very successfully in the competition, finishing as Vice-Wold Champion twice (2017 and 2019) and also winning the Arbitrary Surface Challenge in 2018. In the virtual WorldCup in 2021 the team achieved the 3rd place.
- Member of IEEE
- Member of IEEE – Computational Intelligence Society