This seminar is about "Mining the Brain: Computational Modeling and Learning in Neurosciences (CLEAN) " for both Bachelor and Master Students.
Times and locations:
- Thursdays 9:30 - 11 ( note the start time ), Room G29-k58
- 1st meeting: October 20, 2022 (this is the first date that the seminar takes place)
- 2nd meeting: October 27, 2022
- Topic assignment
- 3rd meeting: November 10, 2022
- "How to give technical talks" by Prof. Sanaz Mostaghim
- Q & A on assigned topics
- Presentations: End of January
- Two presentation days (entire morning) in January
- 12 Jan 2023 9:30 - 12:30
- 26 Jan 2023 9:30 - 12:30
- Submission of report: 27 Jan 2023
Bachelor students: 5CP and Master students: 3 or 6CP
Format of the seminar:
Every student wants to be assigned a topic. Every student should prepare a presentation of 20 min + 15 min Q&A
- Every student should complete a report of
- Master 6 CP: 8 pages, IEEE template, two columns
- Master 3 CP or Bachelor 5 CP: 4 pages, IEEE template, two columns
- Qihao Shan (Organizer) (FIN-IKS)
- Sanaz Mostaghim (FIN-IKS)
- Myra Spiliopoulou (FIN-ITI)
- Stefan Remy (FME)
- Noor Jamaludeen (FIN-ITI)
- Clara Puga (FIN-ITI)
- Vishnu Unnikrishnan (FIN-ITI)
- Felix Kuhn (FNW)
Instructions for participation:
- We offer a kick-off meeting on October 20th, 2022 at 9:30 am in room G29-k58 about the organization of the seminar and the topics you can choose.
- The registration procedure and topics are explained in that meeting. You don't need to register in advance. You just have to attend the meeting.
- You select at least two topics according to your preferences.
- You write an email to email@example.com including
- minimum 2 selected topics
- a motivational letter of 150 to 200 words
- the deadline for the motivation letter is 27 Oct
Instructions for starting on your topics:
- Pick a seed paper:
- If you are alone in a topic, pick the one you want. Let your supervisors know (cc me firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you share a topic with others, get in touch with your supervisor (cc me email@example.com). They will try to find a way to accommodate.
- If you are unhappy about the assignment & want to switch, contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start reading
- Seed paper itself
- Papers that the seed paper cited & cited the seed paper
- Please check the slides here for details of the topics: Seminar CLEAN slides 1
- Topic assignments: CLEAN Seminar 2
- We will evaluate the motivation letters and assign a topic to those selected for the seminar
- You will work on the topic during the semester and deliver a presentation, and a report.
- More information on the format and your submissions will be provided before the start of the seminar, please check the website for updates.
- Link to Moodle: https://elearning.ovgu.de/course/view.php?id=13878